Tuesday, July 31

How Many Times Have I Heard That?

I took Alexis to the pediatrician today and once again heard the lovely words, "Wow, she's got a really big head!" I love hearing those words. Especially when they are accompanied by "Do big heads run in the family?" I want to respond by saying "Why, yes big heads do run in my husband's family. And it would be lovely if you would write that in her chart so I don't have to answer it again. It's not that I mind the question, it's that I struggle to stifle a giggle every single time." But I just say, "Yes."

Big Head's appointment today was extra delightful because it was with our favoritest doctor (seriously, we LOVE Dr. Bacdayan) and because she just kept the big head zingers coming. There was, "At this age, they're really prone to falling and accidents. You have to really watch them. And with that head, she's falling head-first." We also had, "So your husband has a big head? Because you definitely don't." And my personal favorite, "Please tell me you didn't have a vaginal birth." No, no I didn't. A kindly nurse figured out that she had a big head in time to initiate plan Quick Eject. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment