Friday, November 9

A Note to Alexis

Dear Alexis,

While I greatly appreciate that you were a well-behaved angel for the two hours you were over at Peyton's house, could you please at least pretend that you are happy to see me when I arrive to pick you up? Maybe you could make eye contact, say hello, or maybe you could even give me a hug. All acceptable options. And when it's time to leave, could you not go out of your way to make it obvious that you would rather be forced to undergo a root canal than walk through the door with me? I get that Peyton's toys are better than yours, I get that his Mom is nicer than me, and I get that their house is way more fun that ours. But you don't live there, so deal with it.

Thanks,
Mom

7 comments:

  1. It's because you don't have that sign in your house. The one that says "Mother is Love."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! Peyton's Mom is such an annoyingly good mom, what with her signs in her front window, letting the kids eat cheese puffs, and giving up her dining room to toys. She makes lazy Moms like me look bad. Darn you, Jill, learn to slack a little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mum is soooo boring. Who on earth inflicted her on him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I cried when my daughter wouldn't come to me after being left with Grandma for four days. She was a year old and we woke her up because we got home after she went to bed. She reached for grandma when I held her. They know so many ways to break your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm. Be glad she's not talking. It's when she can SCREAM things like, 'I'm not going with you, and you can't make me.' or the ever memorable - 'She's a MUCH nicer Mommy then you.' that you really know where you stand. Sigh. They do LOVE us though. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do know how to make us feel really special, don't they? Alexis told me "No!" every time I asked her if she was ready to go, she said "No!" when I asked her if she wanted to go see Daddy, and then she had the nerve to hesitate before saying "No" when I asked her if she wanted to go see the dogs. Now we know who she loves best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:14 AM

    You must be a great mom too, because Alexis is an angel! :)and by the way, Peyton does the same thing to me daily....when i go to pick him up from Grandma's, he cries because i am trying to take him home!

    ReplyDelete