Saturday, February 23

More Easy Organic Dog Treats: Butt Breath Edition

I have another recipe for dog treats that I like to make. It's an extra-special one just for my beloved Jasmine, she who haveth the most rank breath in all the land. Meg may overall stink more, but since she can't reach her butt, her breath is surprisingly fresh and, dare I say, pleasant for what it is. Jasmine, on the other hand, can knock you out with one little sigh.

If organic makes you happy, then by all means, shop organic. Just don't expect the dog to appreciate it.

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
1/3 cup chopped dried parsley (look for it in the spice section)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine oil and water. Gradually add flour until the dough is the consistency of Play-Doh. Then add oatmeal, mint, and parsley. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with a cookie cutter. Place on a an ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart and back at 375 degrees for 35 minutes, or until the bottoms are slightly browned.

5 comments:

  1. I make dog treats, too. If I'm feeling extra generous, I'll put bacon bits in them. I'll have to try the mint/parsley blend, though, because my dog has ass breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! love the Butt Breath Edition!

    Will this work for cats???? Our fat ass has breath you could literally smell while lying on your pillow and he's at the foot of the bed. I've even tried brushing his teeth, but he EATS the dang poultry-flavored toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmthat looks like it'd be good.

    I'm still trying to get a recipe that'll work. But my attempts at grain-free (because of the kerry blue) have not yet been successful. Lots of goop, no cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soapie the wonder mutt smells like she eats a butt crack sandwich everyday. My nose thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, do they work on people too?

    ReplyDelete