Monday, July 6

I'd Make a Hawt Homeless Person

Considering we are now a mere ten days away from the Big House Thang, it's been awfully quiet around here in regards to what is going on. That, my friends, is not because of a lack of activity. Nope. Instead, it is directly because of a massive explosion of drama. I can't really get into it all in this forum, but let's put it this way. This? MADE MY DAY.



Yes, I was seriously thrilled to tears to see a giant hole in the ceiling at The (New) House. I mean, how could you not be happy about a hole? And STEAL BEAMS! OMG, I want to hug and kiss those beams (which is funny because when I think about Steely McBeam, all I want to do is kick puppies). Steal beams make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Mistake after mistake by people involved in both the buying and selling process do not make me warm and fuzzy. I've lost count of how many people have screwed up at this point, but I think it's safe to say WAY TOO FREAKIN' MANY.

So.

Someday I will fill your computer screen with page after page of drama, but not yet.

Keep your fingers crossed that we're not homeless starting July 17th.

Uh, yeah.



OK, now go have pity on my poor drama-filled soul and go vote. Every day. And NOW. There's a week left to go and I need all the not stressy I can get. KTHXBAI!

15 comments:

  1. GAH, can't believe they hid the votes now! I'm voting every day lady!

    And dude. the house stuff... I just don't even know. SUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do I feel your pain...My fingers are crossed for you girl. I hope it all works out, and everyone stops screwing up...crossing more fingers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be in the area on the 17th. If you become Homeless, we'll pick you up. You can come to my class reunion! Crash it! DRINK! You know. Good times.

    Best of luck. And voted. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably have steel studs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Megan81--You can't imagine how very happy steel makes me. For reals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I approve of your use of the term "hawt."

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like it's time to hire a real estate lawyer. We hired one when we bought the Money Pit. Best thing we ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Voting every day on each computer I have.

    Hotel. Hypothetically, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll trade my Ex-family drama for your house drama. It'll be like Trading Spaces only, um, different. Yeah.

    (Voted again! Can I just say how much I love that they list the location of each *LOCAL PITTSBURGH* blogger site? Oddly enough, everyone is in Pittsburgh.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh golly, I'm sorry to hear things aren't going so well. We just left a "money pit" at our former house so I can kinda relate. Here's to hoping you don't have to experience homelessness....

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about the drama! If you need to vent, I'm a good listener. Actually I want to talk to you about a mommy play date anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Things will work out, eventually. Just remember to mention those steel studs to any contractors you get in the future. We almost lost one who came to install the garage door opener and just about fell of the ladder trying to drill into the steel with his normal wood screws!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It'll be fine. Honest. It'll just make for a few more great blog posts before it's all done.

    Oh, and I voted too. From here. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Steel beams!! Steel beams steel beams steel beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeams!! *giddy*


    I know that Maronda does use steel studs in construction, but I don't know that they do this far north. I would say "if they were smart..." but we know they aren't, so... When winter comes, if they used steel studs, you'll know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yesterday I watched The Money Pit (you know, the one with Tom Hanks and Shelly Long from the 80s). Not that I;m comparing... really I'm not! ;-)

    ReplyDelete