Friday, July 6

Enjoy the Silence . . . if You Dare

All parents know the Moment. You know, the Moment when you realize that you are about to walk in on something you probably don't want to see. I had one of those this morning.

I was trying to pack for our return trip to the Burgh (we are back, by the way). Alexis was "helping" me by grabbing things out of the suitcases and delivering them to various parts of the house. This had been going on for about twenty minutes when, suddenly, she didn't return to load up on more loot. I knew at that Moment that I should go exploring for the Kinnley Bear, but I waited and instead enjoyed a few moments of things actually going in the suitcases and staying there.

But then there was the sound. Or rather the lack of sound. All you parents know that total silence is never a good thing. My silence was followed by a slurping sound. At that point, curiousity got the best of me and I decided to go find out what had occupied Alexis. Fortunately, there was a camera nearby so that I could capture the moment.






Clearly, our daughter has spent way too much time around dogs. Oh, and that was was used water that she was drinking like a dog. In fact, it was Meg used water, so that's probably a special blend of water AND slobber on Alexis' face.

1 comment: