Tuesday, July 24

Please When You Want It

Alexis has really mastered this whole sign language thing. Our daycare, unfortunately, doesn't have any ASL certified teachers. So day in and day out, Alexis tells them all kinds of useful information and they completely miss it. Some teachers make it a point to ask me to try to interpret because they really want to understand, but it wasn't until recently that we really made any headway. And it was all because I demand a little manners around here.

About a month ago, I started to require Alexis to say "please" and "thank you." She can be as bossy and mean as she wants to be, just as long as she's polite at the same time. So I taught all the teachers at daycare "please" and "thank you" and told them to start some enforcement. They obliged, and while they were at it, they taught ALL the kids to sign "please" and "thank you". So now they have 20 toddlers that have more manners than most adults. This afternoon, when I picked up Alexis, about six of them showed me "thank you" all together. And Daddy says I can't make everybody do things my way.

I'm pretty sure the baby sleep police would have a heart attack over this, but Alexis sleeps with stuffed animals every night. There are three that live in her crib. As of late, glow-bear has been the star of the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment