Monday, August 13

Why Sleep When You Can Build Gift Baskets?

There is a baby shower at my office tomorrow and since I hate myself, I opted to forgo the office gift pool and assemble a basket. And because I enjoy torturing myself, I couldn't do things the easy way, no I had to roll a zillion diapers and stack them so that the "basket" looks like a cake then "decorate" it with other must-have baby items. Two hours later, it looks really cute. But you know that I don't know how I found two hours to partake in such a project.

Anyway, as I was perusing the tiny baby section at the store gathering the necessary items for the two-hours I can never have back gift, I kept thinking to myself "Wow, Alexis was never that little!" Seriously, newborn diapers are TINY. You're probably thinking to yourself, "Oh, she was that little. Time does fly, doesn't it?" If you are, you are wrong. While time does fly, she really wasn't ever that little. I had to remind myself of that over and over as I picked items up, then put them back thinking they were too small. For I know that the woman who is expecting is expecting a normal-sized child. I, however, had a 9 pound 12 ounce child. She never wore newborn diapers. She never wore newborn clothes. She only wore 0-3 month items for about three weeks. Honest-to-goodness. Now that I think about it, I probably didn't need to buy a single thing for the gift basket. I probably could have just dug in Alexis' room for the huge collection of items that she never wore because she was too big. But that would have made the two-hour project a three-hour project, right?

Since I'm in a flashback sort of mood, here is a picture of the never quite that little baby from exactly one year ago today.



(Note: WOW has her birthmark faded!)

(And another note: Sleepy Baby morphed into regular ol' Alexis today. She was 100% back to her normal self. No cranky teething fits, no weird naps, no puking, just pure Alexis.)

No comments:

Post a Comment