Thursday, February 14

Happy St. Valentine's Day, Y'all!

Look out Peyton, Alexis has a new boyfriend. And boy howdy! does he know the fastest way to her heart. Three words: Sandra Boynton books.



Why yes, Alexis is being courted by an older man. The mystery man is none other than Sweetie Darling himself, the future King of Texas, and genius son of Anglophile Football Fanatic. In all fairness to Peyton, Sweetie Darling has been getting some help from his Mom. I'm pretty sure she had a little something to do with the Valentine's Day present that showed up on Miss Alexis' doorstep today.

By the way, I totally knew said package was coming because AFF? She is a dork. A little while back, Karen was holding a contest for a free t-shirt. AFF REALLY wanted to win. She wanted to win so bad that she revealed at least fifteen embarassing stories about herself. All through the contest, she would send me lovely little messages like, "If I don't win, that pony is gonna quit a-rocking cause I'm gonna @#%# kick it's @#%." (Those may or may not be the actual words she used.) Somewhere amongst her threats, she said that if she won, she was going to ask for a four-leaf clover t-shirt for Sweetie Darling.

Stop. right. there. Me, myself, and I had just days before purchased green fabric to use to make Alexis and Sweetie Darling each a four-leaf clover shirt. I happen to be resourceful and had found AFF's address, but wasn't really in a hurry to make the shirts since we have a few minutes until St. Patrick's day.

Anyway, I started out trying to divert AFF's attention by telling her that she really wanted a Niles shirt. Peeps, Niles is the cutest shirt ever. No lie. So I was hoping she would just take the bait and make my life easy. Nope. She continued to insist she needed the four-leaf clover shirt. So I sent her a little message.

"Do what you want, woman. You obviously have a talent for ruining surprises.."

Her reply? "Karen told you?"

Just to be clear, I'm pretty sure you could tell Karen the nation's most secret of secrets and she'd be able to keep it. I think there's a rule that the more kids you have, the better you get at witholding information. OF COURSE Karen didn't tell me. What was she going to do? Take a break from her busy day just for the sole purpose of emailing me that AFF was sending us a package? Silly AFF. Nobody can ruin multiple surprises simultaneously like she can.

Anyhoo, Alexis is having a spectacular Valentine's Day thanks to a certain Sweetie Darling.

31 comments:

  1. Yeah for the surprise package! How fun.

    Your Alexis is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 PM

    Aww, shucks, ma'am. Tweren't nothin'...just doin' the gentlemanly thing. And, I sent the soap so your mother could not smell skunky for the shindig in Vermont.

    Sweetie Darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that always ruins a surprise...

    Happy V Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I had a hand in this somehow, and yet I cannot put a finger on anything in particular.

    How fun to get a package in the mail! And I must say that I'm also glad that AFF won a shirt because if she harmed my pony in any way I'd have to kill her. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:59 PM

    OOOHHH, it's always fun to get surprise packages in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that WAS a block of soap!!!!

    how funny...was Alexis asking to open it? My young Toddlerese is a little rough these days but I am pretty sure I heard "please" (or maybe "cheese"?) at the end. ;)

    I love Sandra Boynton!!! AFF rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! I love surprise packages :)
    That video has me just melting here...she's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! I FORGOT about Sandra Boynton books!! We're currently obsessed with the Gossie and Gertie books by Oliver Dunrea. (Hate to say it, but they are WAAAAAY cuter!)

    Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ♥Happy Valentines Day♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for surprise packages and Hapy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for your surprise! Alexis is so adorable. I look forward to seeing her all the time now!

    Hope you had a great V-day. I have a turkey hangover . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...her first long distance romance!

    BTW, what the heck is going on in Vermont?!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to learn Toddlerese quickly. What the heck is she saying..."A goat's got cheese?... It goes Chachi?... My mom is stinky?

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's saying, "Thank you, (Sweetie Darling)! Except she used his other name.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:51 AM

    I'm watching the video with Little Man and he keeps going "It's Little Man!"

    And I'm like uhm, yes she looks like she could be your sister, but not every damn cute kid is you.

    But mostly, I'm alarmed by the enormous cat in the background. Did it swallow one of your dogs whole? Or did it swallow Roger Clemens 'roids in an effort to help Roger clear his name.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too silly and you are way too crafty (as in making stuff) (as in planning stuff)...

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my god, she couldn't be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweetie Darling + Alexis = 2gether 4ever. Someday that will be on a Peachie folder.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! And how nice to get some lovely books in the mail.

    And I'm horrible at keeping surprises but only when they are my own and usually when they are for my husband! I'm great at secrets, but my poker face doesn't hold for surprises (except my hubby's 30th b-day, which I can't believe I pulled off).

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is just so darn cute! Ugh! I am all gooey with cuteness now. Oh well...good thing to be gooey with. I now had to check out the football fanatic's site and am enjoying catching up on it all. So cute that Alexis got a gift!
    Thanks for the compliment on the new layout. I had to change it somehow. I hated how my comments popped up on the other one. After your tutoring in the blogger stuff last weekend I almost thought of switching back and trying some designs of my own, but sometimes I barely have time to write, let alone mess with the design, so I guess I'll stick with whatever I can get from Wordpress for now. Anyhooo...enjoying the stories on Alexis, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't that sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cool! Alexis is so cute! And I can't wait to see the St. Paddy's Day shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yeah for packages!
    Dang your girl is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Valentine's Day to you guys!
    (okay...I'm a day late & a dollar short...but, whatever....)

    ReplyDelete
  25. My kids loved Sandra Boynton books too. We used to have so many of them!

    Have a great weekend!

    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous10:39 PM

    Is it freakish if I'm so into your blog that I'm bumbed that you haven't posted tonight???

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry I was so slow, anonymous! Your wish has been granted, wormy style.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We totally rock Sandra Boynton books around here!

    Gotta love good, real mail! What a great *wink *wink surprise!!

    ReplyDelete