Sunday, May 13

Happy Mom's Day!

So another Mother's Day has come and gone . . . I hope everyone had a good one. I spent mine consoling a miserable one-year old. Alexis has never been fortunate enough to only get one or two teeth at a time, and it seems her streak is continuing. I knew that two had broken through last week, but it looks like their counterparts are trying to make an appearance as well. The fact that four teeth are ravaging the little one's mouth was deduced after a very sleepless night and a miserable morning.

First Alexis woke up at 1:30 and wanted no one but me. The way that she could assure that she had me was to refuse to sleep anywhere except my arms. I actually thought she was just cold since she was only wearing a t-shirt for pajamas. I was mistaken. That became clear after Alexis cried for nearly a solid hour later in the morning. It took a hit of Tylonel, teething tabs, and Orajel for her to feel like her old self. And I could tell you the exact moment the Tylonel wore off. That would have right around the time Alexis woke up from her nap in a brand new miserable state of being. Poor kid.

Jasmine tried to cover up Alexis' legs when I took a picture of her wearing just her t-shirt, but it didn't work for long.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:22 PM

    It sounds like we're in the same boat. Maybe we can get together and have a teething party!

    ReplyDelete