Monday, June 4

An Open Letter to the People of Pittsburgh

Dear Well-Intentioned People of Pittsburgh,

Hi there. We have never formally met, but I am that crazy lady that drags her hysterical, screaming kid across the street and through parking lots. Now, before you call CYS, let me explain.

My kid, she's pretty independent. There aren't many things that she's willing to let me help her do. She let's me peel her bananas, refill her sippy cup, cut her strawberries, wipe her butt, and, um. . . well. . . that's about it. She has decided she is fully capable of walking without anyone's assistance, most epecially mine. (Unless, of course, we're at home. Then she's all Miss Lovey Dovey with the hand-holding and hug-walking all over the place, but I digress.) Anyway, I've decided to give my kid two choices in this walking-where-there-are-cars thing. She can hold my hand, or I can carry her. Either way, she and I have an understanding that she is going to scream and fight with me the entire time. I've learned to live with it, and I hope you can, too.

So you can quit with the dirty, judgemental looks and the under your breath comments. We're all good. After all, I need my kid around for a long time. She's the only hope I have for staying out of a nursing home.

Thanks for understanding, and have a great night!

Sincerely,
The Kid Dragger


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:03 PM

    That was you? lol I have been known to drag my little ones around every once in a while. Don't sweat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one comment?? That must seem like a world ago huh? I personally love kid draggers, having been one myself *L*

    ReplyDelete