Saturday, June 2

Premonitions and Paybacks

A few weeks ago I was on a mission to quickly run in and out of the house so that Alexis and I could run some errands after work. Since I was in a hurry, Alexis was, of course, running around in the back yard and completely ignoring everything I was asking her to do. Somewhere in midst of my one-year old herding attempts, I ended up talking to one of our neighbors, Jolene.

Jolene is a single mom with a six or seven-year old son. She was commenting on the way cute sundress that Alexis was wearing that day and how "it must be fun to dress a girl." I, being the live-in-the-moment person that I am, agreed. Girls are more fun to dress. After all, boys just wear jeans or shorts and t-shirts every day.

Since that day I have come to the realization that I am going to pay a hefty price for that cute sundress some day. And for the little tank top, the little shorts, and all the other adorable little clothes that I get to dress Alexis in. For some day, it will no longer be cute that Alexis is wearing a sweet little dress with a little bit too much cleavage showing. Some day, while Jolene's son is still wearing jeans and a t-shirt, I will have to face the horror that is a teenage girl and her opinions on proper attire. Please, just shoot me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment